Thursday, June 23, 2011


I have gotten to know you a lot better in the past few months.You amaze me in so many ways. Your knowledge has me confused,Your personality has me constantly chuckling,Your deviance keeps me on my toes,your quietness has me worried in fact I just went to see what you were doing and you were devouring the block of cheese I left on the table. 
There are times when I breath heavier and sigh more but my heart is content knowing that I get to discover what kind of a girl you will be in the future. 
I have recently recognized that you do not like being around crowds and tend to wonder off when we are in  public places. At first I would run after you but I understand your need for peace and quiet and respect that you would prefer to drift away.My eyes are always on you but I let you go further and further now on your own..
I am impressed with how many words you know but even more how you always try to say them even if they don't sound accurate.I can have a conversation with you now and feel that you are understanding what I am saying.I feel our hearts really connect when we look at each other,it is our own language..
Your persistence has me on edge these days but could possibly come in handy in the future.You refuse to take no for an answer and will continue to do what is dangerous.You happen to be most like mommy in that way.We have totally turned the house upside down in order to keep you safe.I am exhausted from putting you in time outs already and we have just started..
Your sleeping if anything has been worse lately.You are up all night rolling around,tossing and turning and what appears to be in pain or upset. The other day you were calling for me when I was right beside you.I often wonder what you are dreaming and can't help but wonder if you are scared or being hurt in your dreams.I just lay there with you hoping that you will sleep again and drift into a calm dream but you continue to toss and turn.I hope you will find your peace in sleep someday..
You still don't like the car or the stroller or your high chair. I'm not sure you know you are a little girl. You want to do everything the way we are doing it and get upset when you are confined to something. You want to be free but when I give you the chance you always seem to take off like you have somewhere better to be.
You prefer to be barefooted and would rather be naked.You are often roaming the yard with very little on and I worry your feet will get slivers or bee stings but I put my worries aside because you are happy in that moment.
When you are excited you let out a scream and run the opposite direction.Your running is very sweet for as you still have inverted toes.I always assume you will trip over your feet but surprise me when you don't.You run and walk very well and now you have started jumping, you often fall backwards on your butt but you clap because you are proud that you caught some air..
You have some crazy hair but won't let me put hair clips in it so I don't, you at times look like Albert Einstein or Fido Dido but I don't care you are gorgeous just the way you are..
 Already we do not worry about you being bullied because quite frankly we are scared of you.You have a very rough side that makes an appearance daily but your gentle loving side makes us forget that very quickly.You are a free spirit and I have a feeling you will be your own person not a follower but a leader and possibly set the bar high for others..
You are loved so much that when you are having a bad day I will kiss you and hold you more because that is exactly what you need.I am discovering how to be a different mommy with you.Your challenges make me better and I look forward to the days to come and the months after that and the years to follow learning and discovering more about you.

You are so perfect the way you are..
mommy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment