Monday, November 9, 2009

Keeping up with the Joneses!

I had a night to myself because Dave was away and Bailey was at her Nana's house..So I decide to throw caution to the wind and go for a walk at 8:30pm (I know exciting eh! but what else is a pregger lady suppose to do on a Sat night) The area I live in has a bit of everything The street I live on has our Town homes a Group house and that's it.Walk a bit further and you are in an upper class area..Walk a bit further and you have Subsidized housing..So I go around the block and there's really not much to look at however I did notice something interesting..All of the Upper class houses have exterior lights and they were all on,every single house was lit up by tons of light bulbs..(At our house we only put the outside light on if we are expecting someone)..All I could think about was the saying 'Keeping up with the Joneses' Its very true that everyone of these houses was competing with the next..As I kept walking around to a couple streets over where the Subsidized house were I noticed something allot different..There were no lights on at all and all I could think about was that these people can't afford keeping their lights on all night(stereotyping maybe but also observing the situation)Why would all there lights be off and all the Upper class lights be on...I just thought that was kinda interesting!! Such close quarters but such different lives...

No comments:

Post a Comment